Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New PostGrad Café Team

At the final PostGrad Café of the year a new team of volunteers was constituted. Andrew Bartlett stays on the PostGrad Café Team and is joined by Bambo Soyinka, Jamie Lewis and Mark Connolly.

Bambo Soynika
I am an ESRC-funded PhD student. My PhD investigates the relationship between documentary film and the politics of sustainability. More generally, my areas of interest are community, environment, dialogue, time and interaction. I am a strong believer in interdisciplinary research and practice. My career thus far testifies to this: I have worked across the fields of academia, media and community work. After completing the PhD, I want to continue exploring the connections between these disciplines.
SoyinkaB[at]Cardiff.ac.uk

Jamie Lewis
After working on a number of research projects, including the EU project Foresight for Transport, Destined for Success, the Rees Report, Research Capacity Building Network and Adult Learning@Home, I finally began a PhD in October 2004. My PhD is titled ‘Computing Genomic Science: Bioinformatics and Standardisation in Proteomics’, and my research focuses on the Proteomics Standards Initiative. Together with Andrew Bartlett I am also a Welsh Regional Representative of the Postgraduate Forum on Genetics and Society (PFGS), organising the 9th Annual Colloquium this summer.
LewisJT1[at]Cardiff.ac.uk

Mark Connolly
I am an ESRC funded postgraduate in the School of Social Sciences. My areas of interest are culture, learning and the economy, which I am pursuing in my empirical work into the European Capital of Culture project. I have has been attending the Café since its inception and I hope that we, as the new team, can build on the great work of the Café’s ‘founding parents’ by providing a stimulating forum for academic and social exchange within the postgraduate community.
ConnollyM[at]Cardiff.ac.uk

The PostGrad Café Team would like to thank Alex and Cat for their efforts over the past year, and hope that you will all enjoy the first Café of 2006 on Wednesday 25th January.

The PostGrad Café Team: Mark, Bambo, Andrew and Jamie.

No comments: